Friday, July 11, 2014

Nautical Sea Street

With the New Annual Catalogue, comes fresh papers, new stamp sets and exciting ideas and here is the first set that I created from the new Catalogue.

Sea Street is a Nautical set, that offers a fantastic coordinating set of Designer Series Paper, called Maritime. I used this for my Catalogue Launch night and themed the whole evening around this set.

I created this little set that offered a little favour box that resembled a Buoy, complete with tags and that could be filled from the bottom. 


I designed three fun cards to complete the set.



This first one made use of the Maritime Designer Series Paper, along with the Hardwood Stamp and some Bakers Twine. I was thrilled how this card turned out and surprised at just how simple it was.





The second used a wash of watercolour using the Aqua Pen and some drops of Reinker and some well placed images … 



… and the third, a raised panel with flags beneath and a nautical knot of Bakers Twine. 

I had great fun designing this set and received some lovely comments from my ladies who weren't sure they were going to enjoy working with this set, but were surprised how much they did.

It's always good to step outside of your comfort zone from time to time.


Mikaela x

No comments:

Post a Comment