Saturday, March 28, 2015

Stampin' Creative Blog Hop - Celebrate Baby

You may have just arrived safely from Kim's blog on the journey of this blog hop, but if not, It's that time of the month when I hook up with some other very talented ladies to generate a fun Blog Hop with a theme. 

This month we set the technique of Masks & Masking as our theme and for me, I decided to use two different types. Masking with an Acetate overlay and using a ready made mask from the Annual Catalogue to create a fun background. 



Firstly I die cut a star out of a small sheet of acetate. I like to do this, so that I can store it for future use. I can then use either the negative or the positive part for many different projects. Using the two way glue pen and allowing it to air dry a little, I placed the acetate star in the desired spot on the cardstock  before sponging from the centre out.



Rather than sponge the background stars, I decided to simply use the fine end of a Marvellous Marker Pen and generate some scribbled lines through the Stars Mask. I rather liked the simple scribbled effect. 



No Baby card would be complete without the accompaniment of a pair of baby socks, some booties or suchlike, so I made a coordinating mini Milk Carton to store them. 


Why is it that milk cartons are just so cute?!



Now, which one of my friends will announce an expected baby girl? … 

Lets pop over to see what lovely creation Louise has come up with this month. 


Enjoy the hop and enjoy your weekend

Happy Crafting

Mikaela x
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog





10 comments:

  1. Mikaela, this is just adorable!!! Absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! Gorgeous colour combination and the milk carton is adorable (running off to get my punch board to CASE it)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous both creations are, I adore them I am surely going to case these,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eimear, Thank you so much for your lovely comment xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caro and simplyfairies, I'm so pleased you both like and plan on Casing. It's a simple, yet effective technique. Thanks for popping by and leaving me a comment x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, so soft and gentle - perfect for any new baby, a delight to receive.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, so soft and gentle for a new baby, a delight to receive.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute and I love your idea of using acetate for shapes that have framelits so you don't have to cut them out of post its over & over again - a gem of an idea - and a super card which will be getting a lot of casing I think!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Lelly Jelly. I now just need someone suitable to give it to :)

    Pip, Acetate masks work wonders. I use a Sharpie to write on them, so that they are easy to find and group together and they give you a good surround when you're needing to mask off the outer edge of card stock to ink up the middle x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's making me want to get pregnant ... would love that as a gift! Such a gorgeous project! Love the colour combination and super cute design. x

    ReplyDelete