Sunday, July 3, 2016

Creation Station Blog Hop - Gifts from the Garden of Fresh Fruit


Welcome to this month's Creation Station Design Team Blog Hop. This month we've some real gifts for you from the Garden. 

For me, this theme took me back a year ago when I designed and made this Gift for a dear friend of mine, who is an avid gardener. It proved to be a popular project and one I wish I'd recreated for myself. How could I now create something better than this using this theme? … 



The moment I saw the Fruit Stand Suite, I knew I had the solution. Freshly picked fruit from the garden … now that's a gift from the Garden.


I had one person in mind when creating this box of Thank You notecards … someone who had recently helped me and my team out with some advice, so a token Thank You in the style of what we do, seemed only right and fitting. 

I recreated a box of gift cards and tags, but on a smaller scale than before.


I decided to heat emboss the peach embellishing the outside of the box, giving it a gentle sheen, helping to add an element of depth and texture. 


The little notecards measure 3" square and come complete with coordinating handmade envelopes, made using the Envelope punch board, from the Fruit Stand Designer Series Paper. I coupled this with two coordinating gift tags. 


Moving away from the peach, but keeping the colour tones in keeping, I decided to use the simple Pear for the next two notecards, envelopes and gift tags. I also couldn't not include two of these gorgeous binder clips. 

I absolutely love the simplicity of this stamp set and still have plenty more images that I could make use of and showcase, but for now, I feel that this little gift is complete. 

I hope you've enjoyed the project that I've shared with you today and that you'll enjoy the rest of the Gifts from the Garden from the other Design Team members. 

                

If you like the creations that you see and would like to purchase any products to reproduce them, then feel free to do so through my online store. Make sure you add the new Club Code to your order at check out to receive a gift from me. 

Mikaela x

Use this month's CLUB CODE at checkout to receive a gift from me.


26 comments:

  1. these are beautiful & so nice that you've remembered a little thanks, as your friend helped you out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Susan, I'm a firm believer in giving thanks to folk who have given their time and energy to helping me out. Thank you cards exceed Birthday cards in this house xx

      Delete
  2. Great project. Would love a video tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tania, I've been asked my many for the instructions on how to make it, so watch this space. I will do my best to oblige xx

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, Mikaela! Who wouldn't love receiving these gift card sets! They're just beautiful!! xoKathyxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness … thank you so much for your kind words xx

      Delete
  4. These are absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much for the inspiration! Best blog hop ever! Tina from Oklahoma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tina. I am delighted that you like this project xx

      Delete
  5. Wow Mikaela! So pretty! So lovely! Love, love, love!!! D x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, love the fresh colour and a brilliant idea too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW Kylie, Thank you .. Thank you so much xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Denita, Thank you so very much, I'm so pleased that you like it xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much Linda. I'm clearly a sucker for giving Boxed gifts of cards to friends and although a smaller set to the original, I was really pleased with how it worked out x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow they are all gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. awww thank you so much Jackie. I hope you're well, Hugs Mikaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in awe at these. You are so talented. Absolutely fabulous work x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow Brawny …. What kind words. Thank you so very much xx

      Delete
  13. Such stunning sets! So simple but elegant even with fruit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing what you can create with fruit isn't it?! … xx

      Delete
  14. Adorable projects! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Mikaela, I, too, love your Peach Gift Box set and I would love to have directions as well for how you made these. All the items in it are just so adorable! Thank you for sharing. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for your kind words Linda. I have recently added the basic instructions to my 'Tips & Techniques' tab at the top of my blog. Take a look and please message if you need any further directions. Enjoy and thanks again for popping by and leaving your lovely message x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Could I get the direction to make one set? Or buy a set from you? Thank you. That are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi there Kim. I'm delighted that you like this set so much. If you click on my Tips and Tutorials tab and scroll down, you will find the instructions on how to create the basic box for you to embellish as you choose. Take a look and if you need any more assistance, please do not hesitate to ask xx

    ReplyDelete