Saturday, April 15, 2017

OnStage Live Amsterdam and my secret Presentation

SPOILER ALERT/ SNEAK PEEK of New Product

Now I'm not one for publishing new product too far ahead of a new catalogue launch, but this seems different and will be a one off. 

A while back, I was asked if I would be willing to do a Product Presentation at last weekend's OnStage Live event in Amsterdam, a secret that I've been hiding for a while.

I felt so honoured and excited to have been invited, but none more so than when I saw the email of what products I'd be presenting. Goodness me I was a lucky girl. The Suite was just adorable and I couldn't wait for it to arrive to get playing. 

I studied the papers a while, I researched and got playing and discreetly transported out my creations, managing to keep the entire presentation a secret from my team until we were checking in our suitcases at the airport. I didn't want the girls to think me twitchy, if suddenly I needed to open my case to lessen it's weight or appear overly anxious if my case didn't arrive.


On the day of my presentation, I met our lovely CEO, Sara Douglass, just moments before I went live. Eager to sit in on a Presentation, she chose to come and sit in on mine. I was both delighted and nervous all in one. Not just a presentation to our European market, many of whom I look up to, but to our very own VIP Sara Douglass. 

Thankfully I pulled my presentation off without fault. What a fabulous experience! I had just 10 minutes to present to nearly 200 experienced Demonstrators at a time. As if once wasn't enough, I had to repeat my presentation three times over, with my first presentation being to a Dutch market, fully translated. 

The Product Suite that I had to work with, was this nostalgic, retro style Birthday Memories suite. Oh my word, I nearly fell off my seat when I saw it. Those papers! That Stamp Set! Could I do it justice?


Following my initial excitement, the panic set in. My style doesn't usually involve such bold colours, so how would I be true to myself and come up with something I felt happy to present? ... by presenting a Party in a Box ... Yes, generate a Party. 


This sheet of paper had to be used in it's entirety to showcase the beautiful scene, so the Party in a Box was a must. The gift box could be used afterwards, but initially housed a stack of Birthday Invites, Cupcake Toppers and Cupcake/Treat bags. 


I made the decision to couple the set up with the Confetti Celebration Stamp Set to create this Surprise Birthday Invitation. 


I thought this worked really well. The little flag banners attached to cocktail sticks made great cupcake toppers. 


I simply embellished a Petite Cafe food safe bag to house the treats or cupcake that the child would go home with. 

This project lead to something a little more my colour palate. As the colours toned down somewhat, I started to feel more in my comfort zone. 



Here I created a Box Frame Gift idea for a little boy. Perhaps for a 1st Birthday? 


I just loved the simplicity of this Box Frame and the Honeycomb Balloons and couldn't resist but couple it with a card that offered such fun. 


This suite offers Framelits to die cut many of the gorgeous images and characters in the Designer Series Papers, so I die cut the fox and fussy cut the Racoon and Turtle to produce this cute card.


I just love the font of this Birthday sentiment.

I was feeling happier now that I had started to produce something a little less vibrant, but felt I needed to cover the softer female palate. 

When I first saw the Pink Papers of this suite, I immediately thought of my Auntie's picture hanging on her wall. It was an Illustration by the Famous British Illustrator, Mabel Lucie Attwell. Researching her work and the era in which she worked, it became clear that large numbers on Birthday cards were very much the norm and that both bold colours, but equally soft muted colours were often seen. This lead me to designing this card ... which soon became my favourite. 


Isn't she cute?! Stamped onto Crumb Cake cardstock, I then used the super soft Watercolour pencils to add a wash of colour around her and to colour in the balloons. The ribbon from the suite edged the sentiment panel to pull in the colour of the number balloon. 


Still wanting to produce something femininely pink and girlie, I moved on to designing these two cards. I used the floral bouquet to edge the white cardstock to add a kind of vintage look to the card.


Finally the Make & Take that everyone had supplies to make, involved die cutting the fox and his banner, to create this great celebratory card.



Can you tell that I absolutely love this suite now and I do believe you will do too. 

If you'd like to receive this bundle soon after it's release on 1st June, then be sure to get in contact with me and I'll happily help process your order.

Well that's all the sneak peeks from me for a while, but I hope this has given you a taster of what amazing things are to come in the up coming catalogue ... but in the meantime, don't forget the fabulous deals that could be had from the Retirement List. Up to 50% off some items. 




Use this code at checkout for a free gift from me. 
Place a qualifying order and not only receive a gift, but be put into a Free Prize Draw, in my 5 year Celebration (Click the image below for more details).







10 comments:

  1. All just adorable. Not what I might have ordered , but will now! Reminds me of some cars I found that were sent to me as a child and some of my sons early birthday cards ( they are 41 & 39 now! ) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anne. Funnily enough, the whole suite reminded me a lot of cards my Mum still has of mine from my toddler days and my Christening too. Hard to part with them they are so gorgeous x

      Delete
  2. Hi Mikaela, I loved your presentation at OnStage in Amsterdam. At first I didn't like this suite at all, but after you showed all of your beautiful examples I now I like it much more! Thank you for writing this blogpost with all of your examples. You are an inspiration.
    Anne-Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What super kind words Anne-Marie, Thank you ... I am delighted that you enjoyed the presentation and I inspired you enough to have grown to like this suite more so. I hope you'll end up buying it and having as much fun with it as I did ... enjoy! xx

      Delete
  3. Your projects look fab Mikaela as usual. I am so pleased that you managed to do your presentation without a hitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww Thank you Elke, I was delighted with how it went and how well it was received xx

      Delete
  4. After all your gorgeous project ideas, one would have to be crazy not to have this delightful suite on their wishlist! Love everything you have creates Mikaela xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thank you so much Paula. I am thrilled that you like my creations with it. Such a fun suite. Sending you much love xxx

      Delete
  5. It was fun for me to sit in your presentation, you did a GREAT job! Hugs. -S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH WOW !!! .... Thank you so, so much Sara. It was a great honour to have given this presentation, least of all to you as well. You made my day then and you've made it again now. Thank you so much for dropping by and leaving me such a lovely message. Hugs Mikaela xx

      Delete